On the whole 3D Printing technology has to depend on the sum of its parts that constitute it. For example, a 3D printer is one of the most integral parts of this completely new concept manufacturing, 3D printing technology. The other part is a 3D printing software on which you can design the file according to your imagination. The part that goes in the form of an input to your 3D printer is the raw material such as ABS, PLA, etc. So, that’s another one of the most important elements of 3D printing technology.
Each of these elements has got its own significance and is necessary to make 3D printing happen in their own ways. In this article, we are going to lay our spotlight on 3D printing software. As a beginner in the field of 3D printing, to be curious about finding a 3D printing software that is easy for you to operate, that is a little bit more non-technical in its nature and yet technical in its efficiency, is natural and inevitable.
Sensing such an eagerness to learn, we’ve composed this article by collecting multiple software in it, that you can go through and pick one. All of the software we are about to mention are technically well constructed and yet have a non-technical aspect in manifestations to facilitate any person willing to interact with them for the first time. Excited? If not, please be!
We are coming to the features of this 3D printer software in a moment’s time. But before that, don’t you think the maker is applause-worthy for coming up with such a creatively suitable name? And how else do you cheer the maker than by checking out the product?
Make Printable allows you to prepare as well as print any and every 3D model in high resolution and full-color plastic printing. It’s obtainable in two finishes i.e. full as well as a single color.
Forte of Make Printable:
- Lets you import files from cloud storage.
- Permits you to pick your favorite color.
- Uses the latest 3D model optimization technology.
- Permits you to have an in-depth 3D model analysis.
- Proffers you a 3D model thickness adjustment tool.
“Two clicks is all you need to make your file 3D print-worthy.” No! The company is yet to keep that statement as a tagline of their product. If any of you has some connection with the company, please ask them to do so, because their product actually works in that manner. There are so many customizations offered inside idea Maker that anyone who dares to complete each one has to take more births.
Forte of idea Maker:
- Well-suited with FFF 3D printers.
- Remote monitoring and controlling of a print job are possible using its application.
- In case your first language is: French, German, Russian, Italian, or any other, you would not have to compromise to read the content mentioned in it in English.
- Input file formats such as OBJ, 3MF, and STL will be at your disposal.
- Sanctions auto-layout for printing multiple files.
Being easy-to-use software, Ultimaker Cura can be integrated with CAD software for an even smoother workflow. The best attribute of Ultimaker Cura is that it’s open-sourced. This 3D printing software empowers you to download material profiles from different brands. Ultimaker is the name you’d also hear a lot in the 3D printer market, because it’s also into the manufacturing of 3D printers. Whether you are a beginner, an intermediate, or the professionals in the field of 3D printing, Ultimaker has got you covered.
Forte of Ultimaker Cura:
- Grants plug-ins such as Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor.
- You can choose from various options of print speed and quality according to your 3D printing project.
- It’s inconsonant with multiple file formats such as X3D, JPG, BMP, PNG, etc.
This is Autodesk’s offering in the area of designing engineering parts and functional prototypes. Fusion 360 is cloud-based 3D design software. So, you can easily exchange your files via the internet and save them in the cloud.
Experts recommend this software to educators and students in the field of 3D printing. Autodesk Fusion 360 can be operated from a device running with MAC as well as other operating systems.
Forte of Autodesk Fusion 360:
- Its collective virtual-system lets you create parts and functional prototypes of the desired quality.
- Fabricating and improving designs can be done using a sketching tool.
- Has a high process speed.
- Lets you design a file that closely replicates your imagination.
- Programming of your manufacturing process becomes easier.
The functionality to extend your plug-ins is something that you’ll not only find with Autodesk Fusion 360 but with Octoprint as well. Like Autodesk Fusion 360, and Ultimaker Cura, Octoprint also has an open-source interface.
Forte of Octoprint:
- Authorizes you to have complete control by allowing you to start, stop, and pause the print job.
- Gathers printer stats from printer history automatically.
- Supports all Micro 3D printers and Flashforge 3D printers.
- Granting you the permission to move the head of your printer along any axis you wish to.
Based on the fortes of the above-mentioned five 3D printing software, you can check out your favorite. If you have enough time, you can check them out all, one by one.
3D printing Software constitutes a very fundamental element of complete 3D printing. So, you should give utmost importance to the selection of this software. Because your design file; which in this case is going to constitute the making of g-codes based on which your 3D printer will function; is going to be made out of it! You see, there are too many steps that are followed after this, dependent on this crucial step.
We advise you to be wise and take this decision with a hassle-free mind, and only after going through each one of the options mentioned in the list and even more. Good luck!